Get to Know the Different Types of Services for Your Aircon Units
Your AC unit is more important than you think – not only does it keep you cool and comfortable during a hot day, but in an office setting, it could mean the difference in workplace productivity.
The best way to take care of your aircon is by calling a professional aircon servicing company to take a look at your AC unit and recommend the best service for it.
Aircon services fall under the following categories:
1. Repair – Is your air conditioner not cooling even at the highest setting? If so, you should call a home AC repair service to get it running again.
It could be the cause of one or many parts failing at once. For instance, you might have a defective compressor that won’t circulate the refrigerant, or that you have insufficient coolant because of a previous leak.
Other less serious problems include having a faulty thermostat, which can give you an inaccurate reading on your room’s temperature and cost more power in the long run.
It’s best to fix cooling system problems even though they seem small at first – they can easily get worse if you leave them alone.
2. Maintenance – A clean AC is an efficient AC that will keep working for a long time. Let a professional aircon servicing company based from Singapore clean your air-con filters and dirty coils to bring your air conditioning unit’s functions back to normal. Regular, thorough cleaning also keeps you from having to call a repair service for emergencies, which can get quite expensive quickly.
3. Installation – Installing an aircon unit can be difficult if you don’t know how to do it properly, so it’s best to leave it to a professional service to get the job done.
With proper installation, you minimize any damage and reduce the cost to upkeep AC units at work or at home.
Types of Aircon Units
Before you call an air conditioning services company for your unit, it’s important to know that there are different types of aircon units and yours may fall into any one of the following:
• Window – Older HDB flats in Singapore will have a windowsill designed to fit this particular unit (where all components are included in one box), which is designed to fit in a window, hence the name.
• Portable – Portable units also have all their components included in one box, but instead of being fixed to one location, you can move them around.
• Split – The most commonly used AC unit in Singapore consists of two part: one internal and one external. These two parts are connected to each other through pipes and cables.
• Cassette – Cassette types work the same way as split-unit types, but free up more space thanks to their design.
Keep in mind that if you need to install aircon at your premise, it’s crucial to look for a certified aircon master installer in Singapore. The cost of AC system fitting also depends on the type of unit that you have in your home or office.
And because different units have different capacities, it’s important to know whether your unit is fit for the area it’s installed in. In fact, your AC unit can break down because it’s often used at capacity in the wrong room (i.e. it’s too small to cool it properly).
If they do break down, be sure to tell your aircon servicing company about how often you use your units. This lets them make a more accurate assessment and make the right repairs.