Age-Proof Your Beauty Stash
5 Anti-Aging Ingredients Worth Adding In Your Beauty Routine
Regardless of your age, you surely want your skin to look as young and amazing as possible, and one of the best ways to achieve this is to invest in quality anti-aging products. But how will you cut through the hype and find the products that really work? Well, it turns out that the answer to this is in the ingredients. Look for these five anti-aging ingredients in the labels of your skincare and get that younger-looking skin that you’ve always wanted.
1. Retinol. Most probably, you’ve already heard about retinol. This ingredient is the current skincare darling as it’s been said to fight sun damage, fine lines and saggy skin. Other than that, retinol also aids in improving skin texture, speeding up the skin cell turnover and exfoliating dead skin cells. However, products with retinol should only be use at night since the ingredient is quite sensitive to the sunlight.
2. Copper Peptides. This ingredient has already been used to heal wounds since the 1970’s, but its anti-aging potential was only discovered in the late 90’s. Copper peptides are believed to increase the skin’s collagen and elastin production, which reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It’s even known to reduce the skin irritation caused by retinols, allowing the latter to penetrate deeply into the skin without aggravating it. Now that’s a perfect anti-aging tandem!
3. Niacinamide. Most of us have properly experienced a hard time dealing with dark spots, but thanks to niacinamide, the pesky spots are now quite easy to deal with. Niacinamide works by preventing melanin from rising to the skin’s surface. Apart from that, it also helps in improving the skin’s elasticity resulting to a plumper and smoother skin. To get the best results, use serums and lotions containing niacinamide regularly.
4. Hyaluronic Acid. Noticed that your skin got drier as you age? Then you need some extra hyaluronic acid in your beauty stash. Using lotions that contain hyaluronic acid will help in plumping up your wrinkles, hydrating your skin and smoothing away fine lines. Also, it will aid reducing skin dryness over a week of application. So grab one now and see how your skin returns to its natural softness.
5. Alpha-Hydroxy Acid. Being a chemical exfoliator, alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) works by gently dissolving the dead, top layer of the skin revealing a new and beautiful skin underneath. Aside from that, AHAs are also capable shrinking enlarged pores and reducing fine lines, resulting to a brighter and smoother skin. Just be smart in applying it though, as it also makes the skin more sensitive to sun exposure and may result to a few red marks in the skin.
Age-proofing your skin is quite easy. Just invest on the right and quality skincare products and live a healthy lifestyle, and you’ll get that youthful skin that you’ve always wanted.